‘Let’s all do our part, stay home’, Mayor Vico Sotto urges public

1 day ago 2
ARTICLE AD

Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto has called on the public to observe health and safety measures as the number of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in the country continue to rise.

(JANSEN ROMERO / MANILA BULLETIN)

“Punong-puno ang mga ospital sa rehiyon, public and private. (Hospitals in the region are at full capacity, both public and private.) Let’s all do our part,” Sotto wrote on his social media pages.

“Bukod sa trabaho at pagbili ng essential goods, sa bahay na lang muna tayo (Aside from work and buying essential goods, I urge you to just stay home,” he stressed.

The mayor also reminded the public to observe social distancing, wear face masks, and follow health safety standards.

Last month, the Medical City in Pasig and the St. Luke’s Medical Center in Quezon City and Taguig announced that they have reached full capacity for COVID-19 patients.

The Victor R. Potenciano (VRP) Medical Center in Mandaluyong City also urged suspected and confirmed patients to seek medical assistance from other health facilities.

On Sunday, the Pasig City government announced that City Hall will be run by a skeleton force for two weeks starting Monday (Aug. 3).

Sotto said the offices of the health, peace and order, and other frontline sections will remain open and fully operational.

“Pasig City Hall will return to a skeletal workforce for two weeks starting tomorrow Aug. 3, 2020 until Aug. 16, 2020,” he said.

Pasig City has 1,826 COVID-19 confirmed cases with 783 recoveries, 119 deaths, and 924 active cases as of Aug. 1, the local government reported.

Read Entire Article